Dr. J. Lynn Turner, DVM, MS
Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine
Bachelor of Science in Physiologic Psychology, Emory University.
Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, University of Georgia.
Masters of Science, Veterinary Medicine and Surgery, Texas A & M University.
Internship in Small Animal Medicine & Surgery: University of Illinois (Champaign-Urbana).
Residency in Small Animal Internal Medicine, Texas A & M Veterinary Medical Center, Texas A&M University.
Board Certification by The American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine, (Internal Medicine), July, 1992.
Areas of Special Interest:
- Endocrinology (Diabetes Mellitus, Cushing’s Disease, Atypical Cushing’s Disease, Addison’s Disease, Hypothyroidism in dogs and Hyperthyroidism in cats)
- Adrenal disorders
- Diabetes insipidus, pituitary dwarfism
- Disorders of calcium balance (Hypercalcemia, hypocalcemia, parathyroid gland disorders.)
- Gastroenterology (Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Protein- losing enteropothy, Intestinal lymphoma, food allergy, colitis, Giardia infections.)
- Hematology (Anemia, Elevated white blood cell counts, platelet disorders)
- Oncology (Cancer medicine) and chemotherapy
- Skin manifestations of internal disease
- Infectious diseases (Leptospirosis and other bacterial infections, fungal infections, infections caused by tick exposure such as Lyme Disease, Ehrlichiosis, and Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever.)
- Canine Heartworm Disease
- Respiratory Disease (Feline Asthma, Bronchitis, Lungworm infections, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, pulmonary hypertension, lung cancer.)
- Feline Leukemia-associated disorders
- Feline AIDS
- Feline Heartworm Disease
- Neuromuscular disorders (Myasthenia gravis, breed-related disorders of muscle metabolism.)
- Liver disorders (Chronic active hepatitis, Copper storage disorders.)
- Disorders of the kidneys and associated structures. (Chronic renal failure, Glomerulonephropathy, Kidney/bladder stones,Cystitis and Protein losing nephropathy.)
- Pancreatic disorders (Pancreatitis, exocrine pancreatic insufficiency, Tumors of the pancreas.)
- Hospice/Palliative Care