Dr. Marcia A. Carothers
- Diplomate: ACVIM (Board Certified I.M. Specialist), 1992
- DVM: University of Georgia, 1984
- Residency: The Ohio State University
- Internship: Auburn University
- BS: Clemson University, 1976
- Areas of Special Interest: Renal disease, Endocrine disease, GI disease, and Hematology
Born in Aiken, South Carolina, Dr. Carothers started the Akron Veterinary Internal Medicine Practice in 1995. As an Internal Medicine Specialist, there are so many things she loves about her job. Finding and diagnosing a medicine problem can be a challenge. However, each patient she works her hardest to give them the life and quality they deserve! Not only does she have the medical knowledge and experience but her love for her patients shows greatly as she treats them like they are her own! In her spare time she enjoys spending time with her husband Nick, camping, hiking, fishing and gardening. Her furry family includes Boomer, Belle, Cabin Kitty, and Ninja.