We’re a centralized Hospital
Emergency Pet Services
For emergencies, please call 330-666-2976
A centralized hospital is simply a coordination and collaboration of quality, essential medical services.
In 1968, Metropolitan Veterinary Hospital was established with that goal in mind — to provide necessary advanced care options for your animals, including emergency and 24-hour care. Modeled after the human medical concept, Metropolitan Veterinary Hospital (MVH) allowed affiliated doctors the ability to offer a level of care not previously available on a local level. Today, Metropolitan Veterinary Hospital provides affiliated general practitioners the ability to offer, as part of their local practice, the benefits of a large, state-of-the-art hospital:
- Advanced surgical suites
- 24-hour intensive care
- Superior diagnostic imaging
- Consultation on cases with specialists
- In-house regional diagnostic laboratory
What does that mean for you? Take the case of Fluffy, for instance, a middle-aged dog who was brought to her MVH-affiliated veterinarian for vomiting. After a thorough physical exam is performed at the office, her veterinarian notes that more extensive testing may be needed. Referred to the hospital, Fluffy’s MVH-affiliated general veterinarian would still oversee her case, possibly ordering hospitalization with intravenous fluids, laboratory testing and diagnostic imaging. If necessary, her MVH-affiliated veterinarian could call on the expertise of one or more of the many board-certified specialists practicing in the hospital. Fluffy’s veterinarian is able to offer her superior diagnosis and care because he’s part of a centralized hospital.
We’re a teaching Hospital
As a teaching hospital, we strive to remain up-to-date with the latest in research, diagnosis and treatment. Sharing learned wisdom and nurturing an environment that esteems quality, specialization and experience, we aim to consistently raise the level of patient care within our four walls and throughout the nation.
Our Member Doctors
Akron Animal Clinic
Dr. McLean | Dr. Diesem
1635 Copley Road
Akron, OH 44320
Hours: M, T, TH, F 8:30 –5:30, W, SAT 8:30 – Noon
Akron-Peninsula Veterinary Office
Dr. McFadden | Dr. Scott | Dr. Moehring
2002 Akron Peninsula Road
Akron, OH 44313
Hours: M, T, TH, F 8:30 – 5:30, W – CLOSED,
SAT 8:30 – 11:30
Barberton Veterinary Clinic
4873 Richland Avenue
Barberton, OH 44203
Hours: M, T, TH 8:00 – 7:00, F 8:00 – 6:00,
SAT 8:00 – 12:00
Bath Veterinary Clinic
Dr. Kim Smith
1735 North Cleveland-Massillon Rd
Bath, OH 44210
Hours: M, T, F 9:00 – 5:00, TH 9:00 – 7:00 PM
W (boarders) 5:00 – 5:30,
SAT (every other) 9:00 – Noon,
SAT (boarders) 11:00 – 11:30,
SUN (boarders) 5:00 – 5:30
Creekside Animal Clinic
Dr. Messner | Dr. A. Crane | Dr. B. Crane | Dr. Cummings | Dr. Ledain | Dr. Vessalo
3744 Wadsworth Rd
Norton, OH 44203
Hours: M, W & F 7:30 – 6:00,T & TH 8:30 – 7:30, SAT 8:30 – 12:30
Dancing Paws Animal Wellness Center
4646 W. Streetsboro Road
Richfield, Ohio 44286
Highland Veterinary Clinic
Dr. O’Connor | Dr. Andray | Dr. Hopper
578 West Market
Akron, OH 44303
Hours: M, T, W, F 8:30 – 5:30,
SAT 8:30 – Noon
Wadsworth Veterinary Hospital
Dr. Arends | Dr. Young
825 Broad Street
Wadsworth, OH 44281
Hours: M & W 8:00 – 8:00
T, TH & F 8:00 – 6:00
SAT 8:00 – 2:00
West Akron Animal Clinic
1635 Copley Road
Hours: M, T, TH, F 9:00 – 5:30, W & SAT 9:00 – 12:00
Externship or Internship
If you’re looking for an externship or internship and are interested in any of the following, then our program is the one for you.
- Experiencing a large, efficient, private specialty practice
- High caseload leading to case variety and learning opportunities
- Board-certified specialists in Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Avian, Surgery, Neurology, Oncology, and Radiology.
- An array of advanced diagnostic equipment including: CT scan, MRI, Fluoroscopy, high-level ultrasound and echocardiography.
- A teaching hospital, with a robust and active in-house education program, including twice-weekly didactic lectures, weekly journal clubs (surgery, neurology, internal medicine), book review clubs, every-other month pathology conferences, monthly morbidity and mortality rounds, and surgical residency classes.
- Experiencing a High case load, with an emphasis on education; with residencies, specialty internships, and general internships.
Externship visits are coordinated by Scott Steen, Human Resources Coordinator, who can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.