Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine
Bachelor of Science in Physiologic Psychology, Emory University.
Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, University of Georgia.
Masters of Science, Veterinary Medicine and Surgery, Texas A & M University.
Internship in Small Animal Medicine & Surgery: University of Illinois (Champaign-Urbana).
Residency in Small Animal Internal Medicine, Texas A & M Veterinary Medical Center, Texas A&M University.
Board Certification by The American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine, (Internal Medicine), July, 1992.
Areas of Special Interest:
- Endocrinology (Diabetes Mellitus, Cushing’s Disease, Atypical Cushing’s Disease, Addison’s Disease, Hypothyroidism in dogs and Hyperthyroidism in cats)
- Adrenal disorders
- Diabetes insipidus, pituitary dwarfism
- Disorders of calcium balance (Hypercalcemia, hypocalcemia, parathyroid gland disorders.)
- Gastroenterology (Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Protein- losing enteropothy, Intestinal lymphoma, food allergy, colitis, Giardia infections.)
- Hematology (Anemia, Elevated white blood cell counts, platelet disorders)
- Oncology (Cancer medicine) and chemotherapy
- Skin manifestations of internal disease
- Infectious diseases (Leptospirosis and other bacterial infections, fungal infections, infections caused by tick exposure such as Lyme Disease, Ehrlichiosis, and Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever.)
- Canine Heartworm Disease
- Respiratory Disease (Feline Asthma, Bronchitis, Lungworm infections, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, pulmonary hypertension, lung cancer.)
- Feline Leukemia-associated disorders
- Feline AIDS
- Feline Heartworm Disease
- Neuromuscular disorders (Myasthenia gravis, breed-related disorders of muscle metabolism.)
- Liver disorders (Chronic active hepatitis, Copper storage disorders.)
- Disorders of the kidneys and associated structures. (Chronic renal failure, Glomerulonephropathy, Kidney/bladder stones,Cystitis and Protein losing nephropathy.)
- Pancreatic disorders (Pancreatitis, exocrine pancreatic insufficiency, Tumors of the pancreas.)
- Hospice/Palliative Care